We are happy to bring five successful weight loss strategies to your attention. When you’re looking to lose weight, the process can feel endless, hopeless, and frustrating. There are so many different diet pills, diet plans, and other weight loss “helps” out there, it can be hard to know which ones really work. The truth? Very few will actually give you lasting results. These five tips are successful strategies because they always work, and the weight loss is usually permanent.
- Fruits and Vegetables – Eating your veggies is where it’s at. No one has ever gotten fat from eating fruits and vegetables. Fruit is higher in carbohydrates and natural sugars so it should be consumed in moderation. Vegetables, however, are great for filling you up and being low in calories. At every meal, try to fill half your plate with vegetables.
- Exercise – Regular exercise is really what’s going to help you lose the weight. We recommend at least 30 minutes of activity a day. When you’re looking to lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you consume. Cardiovascular activity raises your heart rate, and it is the best proven way to lose weight. Try to fit in a cardio activity every day by hitting the gym, or taking a walk, or swimming. There are tons of options for burning calories, so find a few that you like and do them regularly.
- Drink Water – Drinking water is not only healthy for your body, but it is also one of the best ways to help you lose weight. We suggest drinking an half your bodyweight in ounces of water. So, for example, if you weigh 150 pounds, you’ll want to drink 75 ounces of water. You will be drinking so much water that you won’t even have time to think about or want to drink the bad stuff like soda.
- Make a Plan – Making a plan is really important for weight loss. You should plan out when is the best time for you to exercise, and what are healthy foods that you like to eat. Formulate a workout and healthy eating plan to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Making a weekly menu can be a great help when trying to lose weight.
- Weight Training – Although your goal is to lose weight, not build muscle, we would like to remind you that muscle burns fat. The more muscle you have, the more fat you burn throughout the day. Building muscle through weight training can switch up your workout, be fun, and help your body lose weight and get toned.
You can be successful losing weight with these five strategies. We recommend a regular exercise plan and healthy eating. Your exercise plan should include 30 minutes of a cardio activity, and some weight training. Your healthy eating plan should fill up on vegetables and fruit, and promote drinking water. Start losing weight today, and keep it off.